The American Certified Tourism Professional (ACTP)® - for Professionals
Why is it different?
Tourism is one of the world’s leading industries and a major economic development tool, and as such, security (crime and terrorism) has a major impact on the tourism and event-oriented economies. Tourists today demand safety and security by well-trained professionals. The hospitality industry’s number one job is to protect its guests. If it fails in this regard, all else become irrelevant. Real security involves training, education, investments in software and the understanding that security is not a simplistic discipline.
Why go for ACTP® Certification?
ACTP® certification helps professionals acquire basic knowledge and skills in Tourism Management
The ACTP® certification exam assumes that you have a close working relationship In the Hospitality and Tourism Industy
The American Certified Tourism Professional (ACTP)® certification shows future employers that you have the practical knowledge, insights, and professional expertise to understand factors that impact how people spend their leisure time. The certification explores how to better support and develop opportunities for recreation and tourism that benefit the economy and environment as well as the mental, emotional, and physical well-being of people and communities.
This certification is a pre-requisite for ACTM® which is the standard certification for Managers in Tourism.
About the exam
The American Certified Tourism Professional (ACTP®) certification provides assessment in the areas of Hospitality, tourism management and marketing, Destination marketing and management, Sustainable tourism, Tourism and environment, Tourism planning and regional development, Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality
The ACTP® certification will certify in the following objectives
To be able to recognize and address tourist related security and safety concerns and thus increase business
- Describe the hospitality industry, operations, and management concepts.
- Explain the interrelationships of the hotel, restaurant, event, and travel professions.
- Analyze current trends in the hospitality industry.
- Compare and contrast the various segments, players, and people of the industry.
- To have skills of thinking why tourism is a vital sector within economy.
- To analysis the socio- cultural and environmental impacts of tourism.
- To analysis the demand – supply of tourism.
The AATP® tests basic knowledge of tourism and hospitality industry, descriptions of types of hotels, structures, classifications, etc. It also introduces and explains the importance of tourism, explaining the effects of supply and demand on the economy, culture, and the environment
What Skills Will You Learn?
Who would benefit from ACTP® Certification?
- Students considering a career in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Student graduates of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in Hotel Industiry or other Hospitality engagement.
Why would you benefit from ACTP® Certification?
The market size, measured by revenue, of the Tourism industry is $772.5bn in 2021.
The market size of the Tourism industry is expected to increase 41.7% in 2021
The Tourism industry in the US is the 1st ranked Accommodation and Food Services industry by market size and the 9th largest in the US
Exam ACTP® AC-US05
September 4, 2020
The American Certified Tourism Professional (ACTP®) exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of Hospitality, tourism management and marketing, Destination marketing and management, Sustainable tourism, Tourism and environment, Tourism planning and regional development, Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality.
Number of Questions
Maximum of 100 questions per exam
Type of Questions
Length of Test
600 (on a scale of 1000)
No prior experience necessary
Affiliate Partner Testing Centers